State of Idaho


Frequently Asked Questions


How can I access a legal resource page?

The Idaho State Bar has created a new page that lists Idaho legal agencies that provide legal assistance and other legal resources to the public.  

You can access the website here:  You can also find it by going to:  Then clicking on Public Resources, and Additional Legal Resources.

Where can I locate financial data from the courts?

You can locate specific court financial data by accessing the following website:

What is Mediation?

Mediation is a process where an impartial third person, known as a mediator, is appointed by the court to help parties move toward a mutually acceptable agreement about co-parenting issues.

What is an Appeal?

If you believe a trial court has made an error of law, you may appeal the decision to a higher court. An appeal asks the higher court to examine the trial court’s legal decision and determine whether the trial court was correct in its reasoning or procedure.  Decisions of the magistrate’s division of district court are usually reviewed by the District Courts. District Court decisions are appealed to the Idaho Supreme Court, where they may be heard by that court or assigned to the Idaho Court of Appeals. A party may also ask the Idaho Supreme Court to hear a case initially heard in the Idaho Court of Appeals by filing a Petition for Review. 

Where can I find information about the Idaho Court Rules?

You can locate the Idaho Court Rules at:


The information provided on this website is information only and is not legal advice. Even if you follow all instructions you are not guaranteed a favorable result. Please consult with a lawyer for legal advice or the court assistance office for help accessing the courts. On this site we include links to other websites for informational purposes only. We do not endorse and are not responsible for the content on external sites.

© 2020 Idaho Supreme Court. All Rights Reserved.